Kenwel Printers, an established commercial offset and digital printing company in Columbus, Ohio is accepting applications for a full-time Prepress Technician.
The prepress technician will be responsible for receiving electronic files of artwork and making adjustments necessary in order to create properly imposed layouts of art files. The technician will then create digital and or hard copy proofs for customer approval. Upon approval, the prepress technician will create offset plates or digital files to be used for offset press or digital press production. Candidates must be reliable, organized, and capable of handling many tasks at once.
– Creating imposed press-optimized layouts in a timely manner
– Correctly inputting and documenting data in Management Information System
– Pre-flighting and proofing customer artwork
– Converting electronic artwork into print-ready files as per our specifications
– Organized, thorough and detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
– Results-oriented and client-focused; excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work with estimators and production staff, as well as clients to produce high-quality, finished products on time
– Capacity to learn and appropriately apply knowledge of our printing processes to facilitate workflow.
– Ability to transfer files and maintain an efficient file structure to retrieve needed files
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
– Knowledge of spot color and 4-color process offset printing a must
– Experience with Agfa Apogee Prepress and Impose software a plus
– Experience with Macintosh and Windows Operating Systems a plus
Kenwel offers a competitive wage, healthcare, paid vacation, holidays and 401K
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or see our post on LinkedIn and apply.