Feel the rush of satisfaction as you see creations come to life on paper, the thrill of meeting deadlines, and the joy of exceeding expectations. Step into the realm of the print industry with Kenwel Printers, our locally owned and operated company located in Columbus, Ohio (Clintonville). We pride ourselves on our established presence in the community and the over 70 years of steady work we provide. If you are interested in being part of a team and at the forefront of a timeless craft that marries innovation with tradition – contact us. Currently the following position is open:
DIGITAL PRINT OPERATOR
Kenwel Printers, a well-established commercial printing and mailing company located in the Clintonville area in Columbus, is looking for a Digital Print Operator with experience in the print industry. The individual will be responsible for assuring internal and external customer expectations of producing a quality digital print product on schedule are met on a consistent basis by operating digital print equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Output a quality digital product by:
- Ripping files produced from static and variable data files using digital print equipment including Fiery, Creo and Accuriopro Flux digital front end servers for Konica Minolta C3070, Konica Minolta 7100 and Ricoh 8320 digital presses.
- Setup imposition to maximize output on press sheet, and provide best layout for bindery to finish job.
- Digitally manipulating color calibration set-up to meet expectations for color target. Understanding and utilizing spot colors to produce consistent results with customer corporate colors and branding.
- Reviewing all proofs and final product samples produced on digital equipment before releasing to internal or external customers.
- Conduct regular and special maintenance on equipment to achieve maximum machine performance based on equipment specifications and acquired knowledge of machine operations. Record maintenance and service calls in maintenance log book as required.
- Meet customer expectations of timely delivery by:
- Maintaining schedules for digital print jobs.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and parts.
- Work proactively to keep projects on track. Anticipate equipment and project needs.
- Maintains accurate record of time and materials spent on each job/project along with keeping accurate internal job sheets and recording pertinent job information. Input job progress and completion notes in electronic job tracking system.
- Communicate with others in a positive and helpful manner.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Work overtime as needed to meet customer expected delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years experience with computers and print production (litho or digital); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as job tickets, e-mails, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables to achieve a successful outcome.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to match color to customer’s expectations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Knowledge of Acrobat Pro or Pitstop for adjusting customer files. Must be willing to learn and apply new software programs. Must have working knowledge and understanding of color theory, imposition and printing. Should be able to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions. Must possess a mechanical aptitude and dexterity.
PERSONALITY TRAITS of someone who will do well in the Digital Print Operator role:
- Detail-Oriented: Ensuring that each printed piece meets quality standards, and patient enough to carefully monitor the printing process.
- Technically Inclined: Comfortable troubleshooting technical issues and learning how to operate advanced equipment.
- Problem-Solving: Dealing with unexpected challenges, such as color discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Adaptive: Open to learning and mastering new skills can find satisfaction in keeping up with industry changes.
- Patient: Remain calm and patient under pressure when needing to run long print jobs or spend time troubleshooting issues.
- Creative: Comfortable working with design software, adjusting color profiles, and experimenting with different printing techniques to achieve desired results.
- Perfectionist: Takes pride in producing high-quality work where precision and attention to detail are essential.
- Independent: Self-directed in nature – works well independently, monitoring and managing the printing process on their own.
- Analytical: Thinks proactively – optimizing printing processes, identifying areas for improvement, and ensuring consistent quality.
- Team Player: While independent, must also be a team player who can effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues to create a positive work environment.
About KENWEL PRINTERS INC:
Kenwel Printers has been a recognized name in Columbus for over 70 years. Founded in 1952 by Ken Taylor and John L. Worrell, Kenwel was incorporated in 1969 and has been a name synonymous with high-quality printing, reliable service and competitive pricing ever since. With customer satisfaction at a consistently high level, the Kenwel staff proves that the old-fashioned integrity and strong work ethic upon which the company was built remains a part of every working day.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their resume to Doug Castle, email@example.com